The following is a series of lists.
As you may have noticed, I have not yet posted the promised blog entry for this weekend. I’ve been rather absorbed into other matters; namely, a Differential Geometry take-home exam. The following is a series of lists. I fear they don’t explain much of anything. (Pick another post to learn something!)
Things completing this exam is like
– Trying to roll a tiny ball into a slightly tinier hole with one’s elbows.
– Erasing lines on a white board, some of which are in permanent marker.
– Trying to scratch lines of permanent marker off of a white board with very short nails.
– Weaving a stylish sweater out of cat hair and then wearing it to a sporting event.
– Coming up with relatable but apt metaphors.
– Understanding the difference between metaphor and simile.
– Coming to terms with the fact that, since a simile is a type of metaphor, either usage is sometimes acceptable. While balancing a pizza on one’s head.
Things I did this weekend besides this exam
– Sleep, occasionally
– Clean my room
– Dress up as a zombie only to be killed repeatedly with nerf guns as well as a GLaDOS-like superweapon
– Walk places
– Create and consume an ice cream sundae
Things I did not do this weekend
– Finish my exam
– Interact with others, excepting the aforementioned zombie antics and ice cream making
– Write a blog post
– Consume candy
– Make a sweater out of cat hair
– Work on other homework
– Find my missing jacket
Things I may have learned this weekend
– 34 degree nighttime weather is doable if you have four layers of shirts and pants instead of a jacket
– I am willing to choose free pens over free candy in rare situations
– It is possible to stare at a two-line question for over three hours with infrequent breaks
– Writing all possible combinations of the symbols in an exam problem does not eventually reveal the correct solution
– Drunk people really, really enjoy shooting nerf guns
– Strawberry sherbet is much worse than its sister flavors, lemon and orange
– Writing exclusively on scrap paper gets very confusing very quickly
– Some people are willing to read all the way down a random series of lists
Things this blog post is lamer than
– Everything, except for my math exam
See you next week, guys, and wish me luck.